Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The rules of the pursuit of traveling

“The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club”

Like Brad Pitt in the famous movie “Fight Club”, I’m going to give you the RULES of our personal Fight Club because there is nothing more useful than understanding  the principles of the game before playing it.


The first rule of our fight club is there are not rules


I will explain why this is so important to me and maybe also to you.  I would like to start to explain this concept from the basic meaning of the word "rule". According to the well-known Cambridge Dictionary:


"rule means an accepted principle or instruction that states the way things are or should be done, and tells you what you are allowed or are not allowed to do"


That’s it!!! What shell I do? Shell I leave or not? Shell I do this or that? Well, most of the time an accepted principle or more simply a friend, a relative or a stranger will tell you what to do according to his/her opinion usually based on the common sense….holy shit! The common sense! How can you live without common sense? The ruler of the senses: what is right or wrong, what is good or bad ecc ecc…. Cartesio, in one of his most important works (“Discourse on the Method”), describes the common sense as:


“the most widely shared commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it”


What he's  trying to tell us is that the common sense is something you can find in any person, what change in our opinions is the different way of thinking and what is important for everybody shouldn’t be the same for us. According to his words if you walk slowly on your way you can make more progress than a person walking fast because, being in hurry, he will definitely loose his path. I personally agree with him because if I decide to leave everything, living for an adventure abroad for example, I shouldn’t be worried to lose opportunities in my country because I have taken the choice to live that dream without excluding the possibility to reach other goals in the future or in the present. Maybe for someone else the trip I’m doing is just a waste of time and there are other main things we should be worried according to him: find the job that satisfy your expectations, make a family, buy a car ecc ecc…. What is important for him is not the same for you, but does it mean he is right? Of course not! Is he smarter than me? Of course no! You have just decided to go against another opinion and maybe against the common sense, but you have taken the right choice ….YOUR CHOICE!

There are not rules in what I’m doing, as well as obligations: if I wanna leave today, end the trip right now, take a bus instead than a plane…..I'll do! I don’t have rules and even less obligation with someone or timing constrictions… I’m free to do what I want, when I want.


Take your decision without any doubts and suck in the experience!
 This is the pursuit of traveling and my vision!


No comments:

Post a Comment